The fist bit of research that we used was secondary research, this is the research that you have not done yourself instead you have taken it from someone else who has done it. Secondary research can include program ratings, readership circulation figures and box-office figures, these are all types of quantitative research. This is research that uses questions that are statistical e.g. "Do you like chocolate? Yes or No". The other types of research included in secondary research is qualitative research this is the research that looks at the more opinioned based answers e.g. "What is your favorite chocolate?" The qualitative research I used in this project were film reviews, fanzines websites and searching internet forums. This research is effective because you do not have to waste time and money conducting your own research because the data has already been collected.
The next bit of research we looked at was Primary research. This is research that is created by you and it is first hand because it is created by you. The quantitative research that I conducted from primary research was Questionnaires and surveys. The qualitative research I looked at in this type of research was interviews, focus groups and internet forums. The final thing we looked at was self generated research, this is research that was created by you and no one else. I used this is the research when I created observations and my own video. Primary research is effective because it is created first hand so you do not have to question the reliability of the research.
The next bit of research that we looked at was audience research. This is a type of research that monitors the audiences habits and preferences. The first bit of audience research we looked at was audience classification these include: Socio-economics, geodemographics, pschographics, ethnographics, age, gender, sexual orreintation, occupation and education. Audience research is effective because it helps you understand your audience.
The next section of research we looked at was market research. This is the research that monitors the competitors you will face as well as what advertising includes. The types of research we looked at was were product market, competition, competitor analysis, advertising placement and advertising effectiveness. Market research is effective because it looks at the things you need to do in order to make you product a success.
The final bit of research we looked at was production research. This is the research that looks at and understands what is needed when actually at the production stage of your work. This research looks at content and resources. Resources include: Personnel, talent, finance, suppliers, facilities, locations. This research includes logistical support, costs, viability and placement. This research includes publication, broadcast, webcast and podcast.
This picture is taken from my post that analysed the answers to my questionnaire. I can conclude from this research That people who live in Banstead do not consider it a crime hotspot. For example, one teenager I asked told me that compared to London, Banstead is peaceful. This effects the documentary because they might not believe the fact that youth crime is raising in the UK and they might look at me as bias because they do not believe me. This will affect my views because they do not believe what I am saying.
This is a table taken from the competitor analysis which looked at what I have that is better or worse than my competitors. For example, I can look at regional issues because I am part of a small media company where as someone who works for the BBC would have to look at national issues because as part of their ethos they have keep their audience entertained.
I can conclude from this research that both me and my competitors have their advantages. For example, an advantage that my competitor has over me is that they have an unlimited budget this means that money is not a issue. This is effective because I have no money.
This is the interview I conducted for my documentary about youth crime. For example, in this interview I ask the person "Do you think that Banstead is a crime hot spot?" To which his reply was "No, nothing happens here." This applies to my documentary because I can use this to help with teenagers views on Banstead. I can conclude from this research that most teenagers in Banstead do not agree that the area is not a crime hot spot. This is effective because it contradicts the adults view that the youth crime stat is rising outside of London.
What I propose now that the research is complete is that Fivestar go-ahead with their idea of making the documentary on Banstead teenagers because the research is already complete and the price of creating it will be quite cheap. For example, the cost of distributing it on YouTube is free whereas it could cost nearly a million pounds to air it on BBC. This is effective because it will save money on distributing it for Fivestar. Another reason why they should make it is because it is different. For example, most documentary these days are about crime in another countries. However if you create a documentary about crime in the UK then it will hit the audience closer to home, this will effect them because it is the future generation and this could lead to the documentary rising in popularity. The third and final reason why Fivestar should make this documentary is because it will increase their popularity among their rivals. For example, if a rival company in the industry is stealing fivestar's viewers then they might want to diversify themselves from the competition by branching into the film industry. This is effective because it will allow them to become more popular whilst standing out from the competition.


No comments:
Post a Comment